My husband and I like pancakes. If we go out to eat for breakfast we generally go somewhere with good pancakes. So since we don't really go out for breakfast I have been in search for a restaurant-like pancake I can easily make at home. I FOUND IT. Yay! I have been using it for a little while and it's still a winner. By all means, make them!
The recipe I found is fantastic and I did a variation one day because I ran out of one of the main ingredients, sour cream, but used plain yogurt instead and it didn't taste much different. So that's my spin on the recipe. Also, you can make a blueberry glaze to drizzle over top instead of syrup and it's really good. The recipe makes A LOT of pancakes and glaze so beware. I always cut it in half. But if you have a big family or big eaters then it may be perfect for you!
Restaurant Style Pancakes (makes 20 pancakes. I usually cut this recipe in half and we have leftover)
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup sugar
4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups milk
1 cup plain, non-fat yogurt (or sour cream to make the original pancakes...which tastes good too)
1/3 cup butter
1/4 cup sugar
1 tbsp cornstarch
½ cup water
2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
For the Glaze
1. In a medium saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch.
2. Gradually stir in water.
3. Add blueberries; bring to boil over medium heat.
4. Boil for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
5. Remove from heat, cover and keep warm.
1. Combine dry ingredients in a bowl.
2. In another bowl beat the eggs, add milk, yogurt, and melted butter with a whisk.
3. Stir into dry ingredients (whisk) until moistened.
4. Cook on griddle. You can use 1/4 cup to pour each pancake if you like uniform.
If you'd like to make the pancakes blueberry, then add 1 cup of blueberries to the batter. But plain is delicious. So try these for your family and hopefully they'll be jumping for joy like mine does. We no longer care to get pancakes at a restaurant cause these are SO GOOD.