Mmm. These breadsticks are seriously delicious. My sis, Lindsay, made these and shared it on FB so I decided to try them.
So. Worth. It.
They aren't crazy healthy but they aren't restaurant grease ball messes. When you make food that tastes so good like this (without the stomach ache) and still use healthy ingredients, you just don't care to eat out.
1 TBSP yeast
1 1/2 cups warm water
3 TBSP sugar
3 1/4 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 stick butter
- 1 TBSP yeast in dissolved in 1 1/2 cups warm water with 3 TBSP sugar.
- Let sit 3-5 minutes until bubbly.
- Add 1/2 tsp salt and 3 1/4 cups flour.
- Mix together and knead for 3 minutes (I do it by hand).
- Let dough rest 10 minutes on counter.
- Melt a stick of butter in a bowl.
- Roll out dough and cut into strips.
- One strip at a time, dip into butter and place on a cookie sheet that is rimmed.
- After every strip is on cookie sheet, drizzle butter all over if you'd like (like I said, not super healthy).
- Sprinkle as much parmesan cheese and garlic salt with parsley on top of each strip.
- Let rise 10-20 minutes.
- Cook 15-20 minutes at 375 degrees.
- Eat with homemade pizza, soup, or whatever you desire and enjoy every bite. Seriously.
Fluffy, soft, buttery, great flavor. A must try. Here's the original recipe