The warm weather has me craving fruits, vegetables, and grilled food! This sandwich was seriously a great idea. It is definitely a more crispy sandwich so if you like softer bread then get a soft french baguette or loaf. Whole Foods inspired it because I got pretty much all the ingredients there and splurged on the cheese. Those samples....
I love when recipes come together as you're making them. It's like writing a song or painting a picture...at least that's how I imagine it. It's like a masterpiece. Ha. Anyways, loaded with flavor and healthy super foods, here are both recipes!
Grilled Baguette Sandwich (serves 2)
1/2 long baguette
1 chicken breast or 4 chicken breast tender strips
Parrano Uniekaas Dutch Cheese (this was my splurge...you could do parmesan or mozzarella)
1 roma tomato sliced
1 slice of a red onion
1. Drizzle olive oil, pepper, and garlic salt over the chicken on a plate. Then put on a grill, cut baguette to make a sandwich.
2. After chicken is cooked halfway on the grill, add the baguette on the top row of your grill so it is farther away from the flame and doesn't cook too fast or too much, with the cheese, tomato, and onion on the bread.
3. Let the chicken and baguettes cook so the cheese melts.
4. When both are done, take off the grill and put the chicken on top of the bottom slice and add the top slice to make a sandwich.
5. Eat with fruit and avocado salsa!
2 ripe avocados
2 roma tomatoes
1/4 cup red onion
1/8 cup cilantro
1/2 juice of a lime
1. Peel and cut avocado into chunks.
2. Dice tomatoes, red onion, cilantro.
3. Combine into a bowl and squeeze 1/2 lime until juice is out. Sprinkle pepper and garlic salt.
4. Stir to combine.
5. Enjoy with tortilla chips.