I've wanted to make strawberry lemonade for a while now. It is the one flavored drink I actually like that has sugar in it. Other than that I stick with my smoothies and water. I cannot stand to buy the processed stuff and I just knew you could make it from scratch (like everything else!).
Well, it's pretty easy! And my husband loves the stuff. So I had the right amount of ingredients in the fridge and freezer to make it with only 2 cans of Mountain Dew left for him and his brother (can you believe I have a husband that is addicted to that junk?) so he asked for some beverage.....and bam! They both loved it and so do I :)
1 container of strawberries or less...I used 1/2-3/4 a container and it turned out great
1 tbsp honey
3/4 cup sugar
enough water to fill a 2 Quart pitcher
1. Cut the lemons in quarters with skin on and everything.
2. cut tops off strawberries.
3. Put both in a blender (I used my Nutribullet) or food processor. I only put enough strawberries to my fill line which was just a handful. Then I blended a full cup of frozen ones.
4. Put water in so it's thin enough to blend easily.
5. Blend and then put through a kitchen strainer over a bowl.
6. Put in a pitcher after strained.
7. Fill with water, 3/4 cup sugar or to taste, and 1 tbsp honey. Feel free to dice a couple strawberries small to put in the lemonade as well.
8. Put ice in a cup and pour!
This really did taste like a lemonade you'd buy for over $2 at a restaurant. I am so excited. It's the little things you know. Plus the best part. NO. High. Fructose. Corn. Syrup. And NO Packets Filled With Chemical Junk that cause all kinds of health problems. Alleluia! Praise the Lord (I may be too excited here)!
Stay tuned for these awesome homemade recipes as well!!!
Homemade doughnuts. Need I say more?
Plus these awesome breadsticks my Sis - Lindsay Jacobs made and shared the recipe with me :)