Ok for real, these suckers are amazing. I tell you, the best recipes are the ones I wing! Even if you don't want lettuce for the wrap, this is so worth it to make. Stick it in a tortilla if you want but I don't think the flavors of everything in this will be as prominent. By the way, something I am realizing about eating no grains is that food has stronger flavor because bread isn't stifling it! Plus, here's the kicker, making meals is FASTER because I am not spending all the time prepping for my bread (since I make most everything from scratch). Tortillas, just grab the lettuce (thanks to my MIL for giving me a bunch from her garden, and my sweet friend for giving me plants for my garden!).
Anyways, I'll keep this short and sweet because this recipe will speak for itself once you take your first bite. I think it's the combination of things. Slightly sweet and spicy, yumm. Ok, I will stop drooling over these. Ha! Here's the recipe....
Romaine lettuce stalks
1-2 Chicken breasts diced into thin strips
2-3 tbsp coconut oil or olive oil
1 Sweet potato cut thinly
1 green pepper
½ red onion
grated cheddar cheese
1. Heat skillet with 1 tbsp coconut oil. Add diced chicken.
2. At the same time add your sweet potato strips into another skillet with another 1-2 tbsp coconut oil.
3. Once chicken is cooked through, add seasoning. I just sprinkle all over the top until it looks well seasoned.
4. Make sure you stir/flip food often. When chicken is browned, set on a plate.
5. Add your raw green pepper and onion in the same pan. Let it get soft and slightly brown while finishing the sweet potatoes.
6. Season your sweet potatoes when cooked with seasoned salt, pepper, garlic salt.
7. Take your lettuce, lay it out, add cheese, chicken, sweet potatoes, veggies. Roll and enjoy!